Damour Medical Center
DMC is a “Free-Standing Urgent Care and Ambulatory Diagnostic Center.” It is not a simple center and nor a dispensary. It is more than just a Laboratory, a Radiology Center or a polyclinic.
DMC has an acute “Urgent Care” capacity, including direct access to board certified emergency medicine specialists, and to more than 25 specialists, who promptly respond to support or staff our urgent care facility.
We have a diagnostic acute care facility, an extended hour observation and a significant resuscitative capacity (including oxygen, suction, defibrillators, airway and cardiopulmonary emergency management equipment, supplies and capacity).
Since January 1st, 2013, DMC has provided the following services:
1) Six different polyclinics including: 5 for Specialists and 1 for a Generalist - operating into early evening hours (6pm)
2) A 7-Bed Urgent Care Facility - operating for extended hours into the evening 7 days per week - supported with cardiopulmonary monitors, automated defibrillators, conventional biphasic defibrillator, crash carts, oxygen supply, compressed air & generators, standard airway management equipment, etc.
3) Comprehensive Laboratory Services (Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Serology, Hormonology, Parasitology, Allergy and Immunology)
4) Diagnostic Radiology including:
b. Standard Computed Tomography (CT Scanning)
c. Conventional Radiology
e. Panoramic & Cephalic Radiography
f. Four-Dimensional (4D) Ultrasonography with 7 probes for different body organs
5) Additional Ambulatory Non-Invasive Testing including:
a. Cardiac Echocardiography with Doppler
b. Stress Testing: conventional + stress echo
c. Holter Monitors for Blood Pressure, Rhythm & Event Monitoring
d. Pulmonary Spirometry
e. Bone Osteo-densitometry
6) Hospital Information Services including:
a. Electronic Medical Records & Computerized History, Evaluation & Order Entry
b. A Fully-licensed digital radiology storage and retrieval (PACS) + Radiology (RIS) and Laboratory Information Services (LIS)
c. Digital transmission of images & ordering physician preliminary readings to radiologists - to provide faster patient-centered reading and interpretation (“Tele-Radiology”) & timely quality assurance
d. Computerized & Online Scheduling & Confirmation Process
e. Electronic transmission of laboratory results to patients and referring or ordering physicians
Over the next 1-2 years, we expect to have established the following additional services, which are currently developing:
1. A medical dispensary to support financially challenged populations with accessible ambulatory access and a pharmaceutical distribution service
2. Diagnostic Gastroenterology including gastroscopy, duodenoscopy, and colonoscopy
3. Electroencephalography (EEG) and Electromyography (EMG)
Last but not least. we nearly completed the 2nd phase of DMC development, which will include a “free-standing emergency department (FED).” This is being equipped with resuscitative equipment that is badly needed in the Chouf/Aley littoral and the Western Chouf, Ikleem el-Kharroub & Shahhar regions.
We hope you will all remain healthy, but want you to know DMC will serve your family and you if and when you will need medical services.
Remember DMC is here because we too live here!